The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Probably about league one level in truth. Certainly below Championship level, but their best, certainly in their 20s, would be worth a look.

Albert what about Billy Slater hes an awesome full back, surely one of the best footy players that Aus as ever produced & theres been a few.....Are you looking forward to the footy season Albert?? Kicks off this thursday....goooooo the green machine....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albert what about Billy Slater hes an awesome full back, surely one of the best footy players that Aus as ever produced & theres been a few.....Are you looking forward to the footy season Albert?? Kicks off this thursday....goooooo the green machine....

My interest in League has well and truly waned over the last few seasons sadly, when Lockyer retired and with all that has happened off the field (Melbourne Storm etc.) I just can't get myself excited about it as I once did. Boy the World Cup was a kick in the teeth, League on the international stage felt a bit pointless for a while, but Australia, finally having that World Cup had to go and lose the damn thing didn't they?

I also laughed so hard that it started to hurt when I saw an article claiming that Sonny Bill coming back was bigger than Del Piero playing in the A-league. Oh well...

Alas Albert your right that there have been a few unsavoury things happen of the field, the storms salary cap being one off them...but these type of things, are often lurking below the surface in sports e.g the match fixing in serie A, Lance Armstrong in cycling, whose to say what the next scandal to hit sport will be...

As for old Sonny hes a mercenary (suppose like a lot of sportmen) who I personally dont think is good for the game... I suspect he will switch codes again in time for the 15 codes next world cup.

I just hope your waiting a little longer for the world cup as I think were well over due to win it especially when in reality its a three horse race...

Its still a cracking comp though in my opinion...anyway better get back onto the super Rams again.. :D

my dad was talking to billy sharp about a month ago and said he wants a club like derby where he can settle and he wouldnt want any more wages than tyson, that was his exact words. cant see why we go for him.

my dad was talking to billy sharp about a month ago and said he wants a club like derby where he can settle and he wouldnt want any more wages than tyson, that was his exact words. cant see why we go for him.

Someone better let Nigel know.

sharpish.........................

I spoke to Billy Sharp when he was extremely drunk, he also mentioned he would of jumped at the chance of joining Derby and said he has a LOT of good friends at Derby and mentioned Jamie Ward connection and he told me that Ward is very well paid..

Also said Forest were the only team that went in for him, that's why he went there..

Same night Shackell said the reason he left was because him and Clough didn't get on, he said he loved the club and the team and he didn't want to go 'especially not to Burnley' he then said Burnley are **** but this was after a loss..

Mentioned this before, without a shadow the most bizarre night of my life!

I don't want Sharp... too expensive for a player who's only ever going to be championship quality... would rather take a risk on someone who could be the next Le Fondre...

Think you're on your own their pretty much every derby fan I know would love to have sharp in the team a proven goal scorer who can change a game! And as for him not being good enough for prem, I believe in the right set up like derby, he could do very well in the prem, someone who will take their chances!!!

I spoke to Billy Sharp when he was extremely drunk, he also mentioned he would of jumped at the chance of joining Derby and said he has a LOT of good friends at Derby and mentioned Jamie Ward connection and he told me that Ward is very well paid..

Also said Forest were the only team that went in for him, that's why he went there..

Same night Shackell said the reason he left was because him and Clough didn't get on, he said he loved the club and the team and he didn't want to go 'especially not to Burnley' he then said Burnley are **** but this was after a loss..

Mentioned this before, without a shadow the most bizarre night of my life!

I wonder if this is why N wouldn't sign sharp and said shackell was a bad role model.

I.e. getting pisssed ?

Someone told me they saw jamie ward out drinking in chesterfield recently and that by the end of the night his shirt was all ripped and he had blood over it.

Isn't alcohol supposed to have a negative effect upon healing rates?

Is this why certain players struggle to recover from injuries?

Is this why shackell got replaced?

I wonder if this is why N wouldn't sign sharp and said shackell was a bad role model.

I.e. getting pisssed ?

Someone told me they saw jamie ward out drinking in chesterfield recently and that by the end of the night his shirt was all ripped and he had blood over it.

Isn't alcohol supposed to have a negative effect upon healing rates?

Is this why certain players struggle to recover from injuries?

Is this why shackell got replaced?

Shackell wasn't too drunk to be fair - I wasn't drinking as I was driving and he certainly wasn't far behind me in that respect. Billy Sharp was another level though, as was Simon Gillett - them boys were putting it away! 

West London Ram has apparently spoken to Sam Rush who said we are looking at a LB, CB, CM and a CF. Who would you suggest we get? You don't need a link or a source, it's not a rumour thread, just who you think (sensibly) we should get.

LB - Alex Smith from Fulham - Currently on loan at Leyton Orient. Decent young player similar to Brayfords attacking style.

CB - Jason Shackell all day long

CM - George Boyd - As long as the 20/20 vision is sorted out! Maybe someone could lend him some specs?

CF - Waghorn - Surely his contract must be up soon? We've been trying to sign him for a few years now.

LB - Alex Smith from Fulham - Currently on loan at Leyton Orient. Decent young player similar to Brayfords attacking style.

CB - Jason Shackell all day long

CM - George Boyd - As long as the 20/20 vision is sorted out! Maybe someone could lend him some specs?

CF - Waghorn - Surely his contract must be up soon? We've been trying to sign him for a few years now.

Waghorns contract is up in the summer and surely we would be his first choice as hes recently had a baby and settled in the east midlands

Finnish options:

LB  - Jere Uronen, Helsingborg If in Sweden. Dropped Erik Edman, former Swedish international left back to bench.  And this happened when he was 17. Very, very talented tiny defender. Other good choice would be Kari Arkivuo.

CB - can only think options who are unrealistic or not good enough..

CM - Alex Ring. Was loaned from HJK to M'Gladbach but for some reason they didn't use option to buy, so he's back in Finland. Playing style is somewhere between Bryson and Hendrick. 21/22 years now, full international. Very entertaining to watch if you like tough tackling.

CF - Only one option: Joel Pohjanpalo, HJK. Touted as next big thing from Finland. Got his first cap last year, is now 18. Last summer turned Liverpool down 'cause they didn't offer first team football. Whoever gets him, they'll have one hell of prospect in their hands.

Finnish options:

LB  - Jere Uronen, Helsingborg If in Sweden. Dropped Erik Edman, former Swedish international left back to bench.  And this happened when he was 17. Very, very talented tiny defender. Other good choice would be Kari Arkivuo.

CB - can only think options who are unrealistic or not good enough..

CM - Alex Ring. Was loaned from HJK to M'Gladbach but for some reason they didn't use option to buy, so he's back in Finland. Playing style is somewhere between Bryson and Hendrick. 21/22 years now, full international. Very entertaining to watch if you like tough tackling.

CF - Only one option: Joel Pohjanpalo, HJK. Touted as next big thing from Finland. Got his first cap last year, is now 18. Last summer turned Liverpool down 'cause they didn't offer first team football. Whoever gets him, they'll have one hell of prospect in their hands.

Someone like football manager

Archived